Phnom Penh -
Local Attractions Information
The major attractions in or near Phnom Penh
To visit them really only takes about 2-3 days, but
there are other things to do.
Minor attractions include:
- Independence Monument / Victory Monument
- Friendship / Liberation Monument.
- Hun Sen Park
- Psar Thmei (New Market or better known as the central
- Psar Toul Tom Pong / The Russian Market
- Psar O Russei
- Psar Olympic
- Psar Dang Kor
- Psar Char
- Dining in one of the small stilted restaurants that
line route 6a
- Fishing in one of the fish farms located south on
- River cruises. If you can, get a midnight cruise on
a small boat through the semi-submerged trees along the banks of the Mekong on a
moonlit cloudless night. You can only do this in the rainy season though.
- Go Karting
- The Rifle Range
- Mini Golf
- The Water Park
For more information look at www.canbypublications.com they are a
good source of information about Cambodia or check out some of the other web
sites listed on the links page.
There will be some photos later, once I get over my
Cambodianitis - My wife thinks I'm lazy but really I've just adapted to the